Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer Gingham Picnic


I put together a potluck barbecue for our spouse group to end the year.  We rented a picnic shelter, provided barbecue from one of my favorite restaurants, and brought face painting for the kids.  We asked people to bring a side dish.  It was a big success!  I gathered many ideas from Pinterest for the decorations, and this is what I came up with.



Centerpieces were mason jars with daisies and citronella candles.


This is the food table before people arrived.  I made the "PICNIC" sign to go on the front.  Please disregard the paper lanterns in the back...that was a bad idea and they fell down quickly, anyway.  We didn't bring a ladder to tie them to the beams.


This is the dessert and drink table (our name is on top of our cooler, so I covered it up for the blog).  The bubbles for kids eventually went into a bowl that arrived after I took the pictures.


To help our guests, I made sure to label each cooler clearly.


It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.