Monday, April 14, 2014

Mexican Rice

One of my absolute favorite foods is that delicious rice you get at Mexican restaurants.  I scoured the web for recipes and created my own from the ideas.  This recipe is delicious!  It is not an authentic Mexican recipe, but to me it tastes like the rice that comes from my favorite Mexican restaurant!


Mexican Rice

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced (OR 1 tsp. garlic powder)...you can use less but I love garlic :-)
  • 1/2 an onion (optional; I usually do not include this)
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
Directions:

If using onion, saute in the olive oil until soft.  Add the rice and minced garlic (if using garlic powder save for later) and mix together.

Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, garlic powder (if not using minced garlic), salt, and parsley.  Bring to a boil, then simmer and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is soft.

Enjoy with your favorite Mexican dish!



I cooked mine for fajitas this time.  Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.