Friday, January 24, 2014

Craft Shelf

I am not a hardcore crafter.  I will occasionally make a wreath, painting, sewing, or building project, but I don't have a need for an entire craft room.  In fact, until recently I only had three craft bins:  painting box, sewing box, and craft materials.  

I was cleaning up my classroom closet and pulling out materials that I want to use as I nanny, and found all of my craft boxes from school.  I decided to pool all of my craft materials since I sometimes do craft projects with the girl I keep and the chances of me going back into the classroom are slim anyway.

I kept trying to figure out how I wanted to organize my crafts.  At the time, there were a couple of boxes in my downstairs closet, my sewing materials were in a different closet, and my gift wrap was under the bed.  I decided I wanted it all in one place, so I went in search of an inexpensive shelf.

I scored this bookshelf at the Salvation Army for just $10!  It even matches the guest bedroom furniture.



This was my grandmother's sewing box.  It is so special to me because sewing is what she was known for.  I need to take on more sewing projects besides mending clothes and the dog's bed.


Craft Box 1:  Generic craft materials
  • markers
  • crayons
  • glitter
  • magnets/velcro
  • glue/ hot glue gun
  • scrapbook scissors



Craft Box 2:  Kid's craft materials
  • googly eyes
  • jingle bells
  • beads
  • buttons
  • pipe cleaners
  • pom poms
  • felt



Craft Box 3:  Various types of string
  • yarn
  • ribbon
  • raffia



Both painting boxes (I had a lot of tempera paint from teaching).


Thank you cards, note cards, etc.


Craft Box 4:  Wood craft materials
  • popsicle sticks
  • clothes pins
  • finials



Mason Jars (with a canvas on top)


Gift wrapping supplies:  Gift bags, tissue paper, ribbon, tags, etc.


I would like to get a towel rack to attach to the side of the shelf to hold the wrapping paper tubes up, but for now they are just fine leaning against the shelf.


I cut up an old wrapping paper tube to hold the paper in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.