Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year (Part 2)

I have a constant list on my phone of ways to better myself, and most of the time I don't do it.  I did floss my teeth most days this year, so that's a success!  A lot of people don't do New Year's resolutions because only 8% of people stick to them, but I think it's at least nice to try.

I keep a list on my phone as a reminder, but my phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet this evening, so it is sitting in a bag of rice hopefully to be resuscitated tomorrow.  It won't be a big deal if it doesn't since my contract ended a year and a half ago, but I love my old phone and hope it comes back.

My list is pretty generic:
  • eat healthy
  • exercise more
  • cut back on alcohol
  • improve posture
  • save money and spend less
  • read more
  • less screen time
  • do more for others
I guess I am really going to say "Be better."  

Well, be better and stick to my accountablilty chart and budget.  Notice there was no budget post this month?  I quit keeping track...but hopefully I am now on track for 2014!

Here is my edited accountability chart.  I list places to write when we eat out in an attempt to reduce it, trying to get at least 3 times exercising per week (even if it's just a walk or 20 minutes of yoga), reducing alcohol consumption, and trying to plan more healthy dinners.



Most of my hopes for our culture for 2014 are for people to get along and compromise more, less crap TV shows (and celebs...), and for people to interact more face-to-face than on their phones all the time (especially at restaurants).  I know none of those things will happen, but a girl can hope!  Let's try to focus on positive things and ignore the "celebs behaving badly" (as I just saw "highlights" on NBC's New Year's Eve...).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tara,

    Sounds like you had an action-packed year last year! Great goals for 2014! My goals mainly relate to the continued decluttering of the house / subsequent selling of items that we don't need, continuing my exercise regime and also many specific financial goals.

    Am looking forward to reading about your progress throughout the year. Goodluck and Happy New Year!!!!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Resolutions do always seem to be the same: organize, save, exercise, eat well. So many people don't make resolutions because they get broken, but I think it's better to at least make the goals and try than not make them at all. And if you break them, you don't have to wait until the following New Year to try again; I broke all of my resolutions with the company we had last weekend, but I started fresh again on Monday!

      Good luck with yours, and thank you for following my blog! :-)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.