Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Favorite Things 2013

I am linking up at 320*Sycamore for a "Favorite Things" post.

This sounds like a fun idea! I am so new at following\writing blogs that I haven't been around for these, but apparently this is Melissa's fifth year doing this series.

When I began making my list, I kept wanting to put activities on the list. Maybe I will do another post of intangible favorite things.

My Favorite Things 2013

Fashion Favorites

Bandolino Coureous Nude Pumps:  I can wear these shoes for 8 hours and still be comfortable, they go with nearly anything, and are very classy.


J.C. Penney Dresses:  Most of the recent dresses I have bought are from J.C. Penney.  They are generally affordable (especially if you can find them on sale), and I can find them in my size (which can be rare at department stores if I don't want to spend more than $100).  My dresses for Hubby's match day, med school graduation, and department holiday party, as well as a couple more of my favorite dresses, all came from there.


Thrift and Consignment Shopping:  If you go back through my outfit posts, you will find lots of pieces that came from a secondhand store.  My favorite thrift stores are the ones that sort their clothes by size (and bonus if the clothing is sorted by size and then by color!).  The purse that I am using now is black and has a "Sonoma Life+Style" la bel so I assume it came from Kohl's originally.  It was in perfect condition and I bought it for only $3!

Food Favorites

Dove Dark Chocolate Pieces:  In the past couple of years, I have begun to enjoy dark chocolate so much more than milk chocolate.  Milk chocolate is just so sweet.  And dark chocolate is "healthy!"

Rex Goliath Wines:  Especially their red wines.  They are cheap and delicious (probably nothing compared with expensive wines, but good enough for me!)

Garlic Roasted Green Beans: You can find my recipe on this post.  SOOOO delicious.

Home Favorites

So many of my home favorites are things that I purchased a long time ago (such as my canisters, matching wine rack and utensil holder, big bookcase, etc.) are things that I have had a few years and am not sure you can find any more.

My House:  I am so happy with my house!



LG Sound Bar:  The HD flat screen TVs are fantastic, but come with very crappy speakers.  I got Trey (us) a sound bar for his graduation, and it sounds pretty good for an inexpensive sound system.

Tuscan Garden Canisters:  My entire kitchen is based around these canisters.



Curtains and Tie Backs:  I searched for a few months before I found inexpensive curtains that I liked for the living room.  I found the curtains at Ross and some interesting clips at Wal-Mart.



Simply Calphalon Nonstick Cookware: Inexpensive and easy.  I love it!



Beauty Favorites

Revlon Rose Velvet Lipstick:   I haven't worn lipstick in a long time, and finally decided to start wearing some.  I found a pretty neutral shade that I really like.


Mary Kay Eye Cream:  I haven't tried any other eye creams; this was the first one that I bought.  I like it pretty well.  I don't have anything to compare it with, though.

Nexxus Thermal Volume Mousse:  


Fun Favorites

The Hunger Games:  The books, the movies, the Pinterest pictures...I love them all!


Catchphrase:  This game is fun and can be vicious (when you hand off the game as the timer goes off...noooooooo!)

Picnic Basket:  I haven't technically used this yet...I am getting it for Christmas "from" my grandmother-in-law. I am soooo excited to use it, though. It has the look of a traditional picnic basket but the lining is insulated. I also used the money she gave me to get a waterproof blanket (after wet butts on the Fourth of July) and some picnic wine glass holders. I couldn't find a picture because I think it has been discontinued. It was always out of stock online when I was looking for it and I finally found it at a vineyard. If it wasn't wrapped up I would take a picture of it.


5 comments:

  1. great list! we play catchphrase all the time and we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Bandolino pumps and Hunger Games too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge Hunger Games fan...I've read the books and I saw Catching Fire a few weeks ago. I also am a fellow thriftaholic! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Tara! We love Catchphrase in this house. Those pumps are classic - thanks for sharing your favorites with us. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.