Monday, December 16, 2013

Cocktail Attire: Holiday Party Outfit!

We had Hubby's work party on Saturday.  I love dressing up and don't get to do it as often as I would like.  I bought two dresses at J.C. Penney on Black Friday (in the hour I actually went shopping), and decided on the navy one.

The party itself was a lot of fun.


Sorry Hubby cut off the shoes.  

You can still buy the dress here.


I also bought a sparkly bracelet at J.C. Penney.  It is hard for me to find bracelets to fit my 5 1/2 inch wrist, but I tried on so many at Penney's that fit.  This bracelet was very pretty and petite, but added just enough sparkle.

I also wore some sparkly rhinestone earrings that dangled in a diamond shape.  My hair was so big you can't see them, haha.  My mother-in-law gave them to me as hand-me-downs and I have no idea where she bought them or how long ago.

I also wore my trusty nude pumps.

I use hot rollers to curl my hair.  I have neither the patience nor the skill for a curling iron.


The real shocker is that my hair was still curly at the end of the night!!!  I think I am finally learning how to do my hair so it holds.  LOTS and lots of hairspray and no Georgia humidity...

Outtake:

"Hubby, will you take my picture real quick for my blog?"


He is a silly one, that Hubby...

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Love the hairstyle. Hee hee...the photo that your husband took of you, is hilarious! I can imagine my husband doing something similar! I'm sure that a picture of you, crouched near a dog cage, in all of your finery, is exactly what you were after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess with the other picture you can at least see the back of the dress, haha!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.