Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Party Menu

When I plan a menu for a party, I try to plan a variety of appetizers and desserts, hot and cold food, meat and vegetarian dishes, etc. I am finding I kind of have an unintentional formula: something in a phyllo cup, something on a cracker, something that you dip, and a meat or two. For dessert I bake a cake and have some other dessert.




Appetizers:
*A note about the meatballs:  they were yummy but got cold really quickly and the sauce thickened too much.  I had to keep putting them in the microwave.  In the future I might use a crock pot or something to keep them warm (but my crock pot, as much as I love it, is not pretty).

Desserts:



Drinks:

  • Spiked Christmas Punch
  • Non-alcoholic cranberry punch (made with cranberry juice, Sprite, and a little white grape juice).

3 comments:

  1. You can always find an inexpensive chaffing dish around this time of year. I think department stores may have them on sale now or you can always try Kohls, Target, or Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Then you can have warm appetizers in a pretty serving piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of the spiked Christmas Punch! In Australia, we don't tend to drink punch.....sounds so delicious.... I think that we should!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Christmas punch is delicious! It is always very popular. You should try it! The other cranberry punch was not that great; I had never made it before.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.