Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

Today is one of my favorite days of the year...getting to cook a huge meal! Sooo much fun.

I have so much to be thankful for...

I am thankful for the doctors, nurses, firemen, police officers, soldiers, etc. for whom working holidays is expected and necessary and hope you get to enjoy a delicious meal when you get home.

I am thankful for my amazing husband, family, friends both old and new, a steady income and freedom to have a job I enjoy, my beautiful home, the ability to cook a huge meal, my pets, my car, and a whole host of little things like my blog, Harry Potter and the Hunger Games, wine, great music, the parade, Facebook and Pinterest, lots of pictures, etc etc.

I am thankful that all of my basic needs of health, shelter, food/water, and clothing are met and most of my wants.

When my biggest problem yesterday was my DVR settings were incorrect and all of the syndicated Modern Family episodes didn't record, I know I am extremely blessed.  I am thankful to have a TV and DVR.  I am thankful to have time to watch Modern Family.  I am thankful for such a hilarious and touching show in a world of crap TV.

Or when my biggest complaint is Carrie Underwood as Maria in The Sound of Music.  She has a phenomenal voice...but not for Maria!!!  But I don't have to watch it!

And I am thankful (most) days of the year, not just today. On to the kitchen!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. A lovely post and a good reminder of how good we all have it!!! (Shame that your Midern Family episodes didn't tape though!)
    Have been cheking out your blog over the last few weeks, and am really enjoying it! Good on you for trying different strategies to try to change your spending. Great that you are so aware of areas that you want to to try to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Belinda! I am glad you are enjoying the blog; I am enjoying writing it! This month's spending was horrendous but I got a new job so that's how I justify it (and my car battery died...). I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the 2 typos! Was trying to type as my almost 2 year old was trying to climb on to my lap!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.