Monday, November 11, 2013

Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece



I am thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, and wanted to share an easy centerpiece idea that I made a few years ago.  I made two pillar candle holders.

 First, I bought a half-styrofoam ball.  I stuck the pillar candle in the ball to create the indention (it is obviously not centered like it should be, but when the candles are in it looks ok).


I also bought some fall floral stems and cut the length off.  There are two large and two small flowers of each color (but you could use whatever flowers you want).


Begin pushing the flower stems into the styrofoam.  It helps to push them down at a 45 degree angle so the petals go up against the candle hole.


You want to alternate the colors in a pattern.  I did big red-small red-big yellow-small yellow.






Right now I am using them to decorate the buffet, but I have used them on either side of the turkey on my table.




2 comments:

  1. Awe! I love this. Your centerpiece is SO beautiful and so easy to make. I need to make some asap. Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up to Thrifty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were so easy and I use them every year. Thank you for hosting Thrifty Thursday each week!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.