Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wine Night!

On Monday night, I had the pleasure of hosting wine night for the resident spouse group I am a member of.  It wasn't as big of a turnout as the first wine night (I think October is a big month for resident vacations), but we had seven guests and we had a great time just talking and hanging out!



When I set up drinks and food for any party, I try to keep them in separate areas so neither table becomes too crowded.  I placed the wine in the dining room and the food on my kitchen island.  We ended up congregating around the food, although I had the living room ready for seating!

The Wine


Everyone brought white wine, but I did have a place for red wine. 


I went ahead and attached the wine charms to the glasses.  I only have six regular glasses left after some casualties, so I also put out glasses from wine tastings we have done.


I also filtered some water in a pitcher and tried to float some lemon slices on top, but they sank to the bottom.  I arranged it all on a little tray and added some fall floral stems to a wine glass to dress it up a bit.


Here is the complete setup!  I also included a place mat at the last minute because I wasn't sure how my table would react to water drips from the ice tub.

The Food

I only made a few appetizers, and everyone said they enjoyed them.  I planned finger foods so the ladies wouldn't have too many things to juggle.


This was my menu:


1. Tomato Mozzarella Skewers:  I wish I had not frozen all of my basil, because I think the skewers would have been even better with a basil leaf.  Instead, I just sprinkled a little dry parsley on the plate to add a little garnish.

2. Spinach and Feta Cups:  I mixed together some chopped spinach (thawed with the water squeezed out), 8 oz. of feta cheese, and 4 oz. of cream cheese, filled some premade phyllo cups, and baked them at 400 degrees for eight minutes.  They were popular, but I was going for more of a spinach dip in phyllo cups.  

3. Meatballs:  I have pinned Incredible Baked Meatballs, and this was the first time I made them.  They were delicious; I wanted to take a bite as I was rolling them!  I just tried my Pinterest link and it didn't work, so here is the recipe:

1 lb. ground hamburger
2 eggs, beaten with 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 cup panko bread crumbs (I used 1/2 c. regular and 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs)
1 small onion, minced (I omitted this)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
black pepper to taste
1/4 c. minced fresh basil (I used 2 tsp. of dried basil)

Mix all ingredients with hands.  Form into golfball sized meatballs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

4. Grapes:  I went ahead and took them off the stems so it would be easier for my guests to get.


This was the entire setup!  I think everyone had a great time and I enjoyed planning and preparing it!





2 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I need to have a little get together at my casa once in awhile... but you are obviously more organized than I am! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Maybe you can host something soon...an engagement party, perhaps?

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.