Monday, October 21, 2013

Organizing The Dreaded Tupperware

I have seen so many Tupperware drawers and cabinets where containers and lids are thrown in haphazardly.  Finding a lid is a nearly impossible task.  There are a lot of commercial products advertising to solve your Tupperware organization problems.

When I first lived on my own, I had a conglomerate of plastic containers.  I stored them with the matching lids on each container and stacked them neatly.

My plastic container cabinet is very organized now, and I have one secret:  I use the same kind of plastic container so they stack neatly and use the same lids.

This is the one I am talking about:


And this is how it looks in my cabinet.  I actually own two sets of these; one from when we got married and another was a gift this past year.  You can see the two random containers I have in the back of the top shelf.


I have two larger containers that are stored in a drawer because they wouldn't fit in my cabinet.  I gave away all of my old containers that were not matching except for the one on the top shelf.

It is really easy to organize plastic containers when they are all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.