Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cooking from Pinterest

 Almost all of the new recipes I cook are ones that I find on Pinterest.  Most of them turn out wonderfully and I am so proud of them.

Once in awhile, they do not turn out.  I know you have seen the blogs that compile "Pinterest Fails" or "Pinstrosities," and I have my own to add.

The other day, I was going to make a crunch taco bake.  It sounded amazing, and the first step was to use tortillas to make your own crunch shells.

Click on the picture to view the recipe:


The first step was to make the taco shells.  I followed the directions exactly and this is what happened:



I had already browned the meat but hadn't done any other step yet, so these "shells" went into the trash and I used the meat to make a beef pasta dish.

I will try the baked tacos again, but I will buy the taco shells already made.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought. It looks like the recipe used corn tortillas and you used flour tortillas. That might make the difference. But some stand and stuff shells on back up is probably a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.