Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Baking for Two (Makes Too Much Food!)



I really love to bake.  I have been baking cookies from scratch since I was in middle school and use a lot of recipes that have been passed down in my family.  As an adult, I have branched out to cakes, breads, and brownies, too.

The problem I have is, since it is just the two of us, baking makes too much darn food!  We really don't need three dozen cookies between the two of us, or an entire cake!  So I have begun baking once a month, keeping a little for ourselves, and sending the rest to the hospital with Hubby to share.

What kinds of goodies have I baked for each rotation this year?

1. Chocolate chip cookies
2. Brownies
3. Cinnamon rolls
4. Pumpkin bread

According to Hubby, they are a big hit.  He never brings any leftovers home, so I am assuming they appreciate it.

I only missed one rotation because Hubby went to a lot of different places and said there was not really a good central location to put a treat.

Do you do something similar?  Where do you send your extra goodies?

1 comment:

  1. Line a small cookie sheet (one that will fit in your freezer) with aluminum foil. Place cookie dough balls on the sheet (they don't have to be spaced out much since you're not baking them) and freeze on the sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. Then take out as many at a time as you need and bake them. You can defrost them in the fridge before baking if you want, but I usually just add a little time to my baking. They're a little different from the fresh made ones, but not enough to make me stop using this method. This way I can make a full batch of cookies for just Daniel and me and not have to worry about the extras. They turn into home-made "place and bake" cookies.

    I also have a medium cookie scoop that makes the job of creating even sized cookies very easy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.