Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who Am I? What Is This?


Who Am I?

My name is Tara, and I am now a substitute teacher, hospital volunteer, resident spouse group member, and brand new blogger!  I am married to a first year internal medicine resident.  Hubby and I have been happily married for three years, and have been together for seven.  



Our Background

We grew up in neighboring cities in Georgia, and met in college in 2006 when I went to see his band perform (he is no longer in the band, but still rocks out on the guitar).  I graduated from college with a degree in Early Childhood Education and taught kindergarten for five years.

Hubby went to medical school and graduated with his M.D. in May 2013.  We just moved to North Carolina for him to continue his training for residency, and we decided to buy our first home.  I have been getting to know and love our new city (and the weather beats Georgia so far)!


Our Pets

Right before we got married, we adopted the sweetest, most loyal, and well-behaved stray cat named Annie.  We only had her for two years when she died from a terminal illness called FIP.  We were heartbroken, but several months later I decided I was ready for a new cat, so we adopted an adorable kitten named Oliver.  He isn't as great as Annie, but he can be sweet.


We also took in a stray puppy this past May.  Her name is Callaway because Hubby found her on a golf course.



I love making lists, so here is an "About Me" list:

1. I am very domestic and love to cook, clean, and decorate my house. I am an organized neat freak.
2. I love my awesome friends and having people over.
3. I love to travel and want to go to Europe and Alaska.
4. Listening to all kinds of music is one of my favorite things to do. I listen to almost everything. Putting my iPod on shuffle is always fun.
5. I love being outdoors and especially enjoy hiking and canoeing.
6. I love both the city and the country!
7. I really miss being onstage.
8. I love to shop and find inexpensive versions of my Pinterest outfits and decor.
9. I hate being late.
10. Visiting vineyards is one of my new favorite things to do.
11. I love Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and the Royal family.
12. I try to get along with everyone!

What will you read on this blog?

My goal for this blog is to be the kind of blog I like to find.  The title is "Keepin' it Simple," so I will talk about how I keep things simple in organization, decorating, clothes, and food.  I am also very candid and will be writing stories about the things I do and am obsessed with (Royal family?  The Hunger Games?  You will read about them here!).  I am sure there will be family and children posts in the future, as well!

This will be a place where I will share my home, my ideas, and my life.  Those are the kinds of blogs that I enjoy reading.  A lifestyle blog, maybe?

You will not find many DIY projects.  I have made an occasional wreath, curtain panel, flower arrangement, or paint project, but all of them are simple and I don't do them that often.  Kudos to those of you who do a lot of crafty things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.