Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wearing White After Labor Day

I love wearing white.  White shorts, white capris, white pants, white skirts, white sweaters, white shirts...the color is so versatile and can be paired with almost anything and look nice.

I also love tradition.  So when I think about the rule, "Don't wear white after Labor Day," I have a dilemma.  It's still hot outside.  White is cute.  So when it comes to the White After Labor Day rule, I follow the advice of South Park's Cartman:  "Whatever, I do what I want!"  Labor Day was three days ago; I'm close enough!  I wear white sweaters and shirts year-round, but I think after last night I may retire my white bottoms until next year.  Maybe.

With that being said, we had a couple over for dinner last night.  Since moving to our new town, this was only the second time we've had people over (and I love entertaining).  I kind of went a little overboard, but I got excited! You can read about the dinner party here.  I wanted to find a cute outfit, and I tried on a few different outfits before settling on this one:


I bought the skirt at Macy's a month or so ago.  It is a Calvin Klein white pencil skirt with a really pretty overlay.  It was originally almost $90, and I got it in my size on sale for $20.  Wahoo!  I had only worn it once or twice since I bought it, and I wanted to wear it at least one more time this season.  I'll wear it a lot next year.

Here is a closeup of the details in the skirt:

I found the shirt at a thrift shop!  It has a Mossimo tag, so I assume it originally came from Target.

I am sorry Hubby cut off my shoes.  They were just a simple pair of black flats.  I skipped bracelets on this outfit because I was working on preparing dinner and didn't want them to get in the way.

I think this outfit would be great for work or for a night out, but only between Memorial Day and Labor Day...

1 comment:

  1. I will wear white after Labor Day as well. White is one of my favorite colors so I think we should wear it year around!!
    Dona

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.