Monday, September 9, 2013

The Guest Room

When I have guests over, whether for dinner or a week, I want to make sure they are entertained and, more importantly, comfortable.  I have done a lot of Martha Stewart website/internet scouring/Pinterest searches for guest room ideas and found so many great ideas.

We had a lot of people in our home when we moved in.  We were blessed to have many gracious friends offer to travel to help us.  Obviously our house was boxed up and none of the rooms were set up, so our friends would have to ask us for things that they forgot (such as soap).  I felt bad that I didn't have the guest bathroom done with extra items, and hope they understood that things were not normal in our house!

My parents visited this weekend and, while they didn't need anything I had available for them, I felt better knowing it was there.

The Guest Bathroom







You can see there are plenty of towels for my guests to use.  I also put together a basket of travel size toiletries for them.


 Items I included in the basket are:

  • Shampoo and conditioner
  • Body wash for women (Dial) and men (Dove)
  • Lotion
  • Hotel soaps
  • Mouthwash
  • Toothpaste
  • Dental Floss
  • Toothbrush
  • Tissues
I would still like to get a glass jar to put cotton balls and Q-tips in.

The Guest Bedroom

The guest bedroom is still undecorated.  I went on such a shopping binge when we moved in to complete the main rooms that my guest bedroom is on hold.  The bedding is Hubby's old bedding from before we got married, and the throw pillows are from our living room when I had it decorated in red and yellow.  The bed is firm and very comfortable!



I found the carafe at a flea market for $5.  I fill it with fresh water before my guests arrive.  So far nobody has used it, though.  Also on the dresser is our weather radio.  We keep it in the guest room so it doesn't care the daylights out of us when it goes off in the middle of the night.  It can also serve as an alarm clock.


It tends to get warm in the guest bedroom and there is no overhead light or ceiling fan, so I put a table fan in the window to blow in the cool evening air.


There is no other furniture in the room, so I brought my small rocking chair from my teaching days in for my parents to put their bag on.  As I write this post, I'm thinking I should add another small blanket for the winter months.

What do you do in your guest areas?

1 comment:

  1. oh is that my gift basket for when I come to visit? haha.

    -Dona

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.