Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tara's Rules for Organizing (My Top 3 All-Purpose Rules for Every Area of your Home!)

I have been debating how I wanted to write my home organization posts; I haven't done any good ones yet, and that was one of the reasons I began this blog!  After posting about my healthy snacking station, I decided to go room-by-room.  I will begin with my kitchen, but first I wanted to share my top rules for organizing.

Do you want to hear my #1 rule for organizing?  Really?  It doesn't have to do with cute baskets and matching containers (I love those things, but I don't always use them because those things are not always cheap).

Ok, my #1 rule for organizing is...........

Have a Place for Everything.

That's kind of boring, isn't it?  It's simply that old adage, "A place for everything, and everything in its' place."  


Ok, I have to share my #2 rule for organizing.

Group Similar Items Together.

Put socks together.  Put baking goods together.  Put mailing items together.  Put garden items together.  Easy!


Ok, ok, one more.  And this is something I really try to live by.  Actually, this one is probably my #1, because if you go by this rule, then #1 will be easier.  This rule will help you to reduce clutter so you have less to organize!


These are the themes you will notice in all of my organizing posts, but if you want to organize something before I write about it, those are the most important rules (in my opinion) to keep in mind.

Please leave me a comment if there is anything specific you want me to write about organization-wise!  Otherwise, I will go room-by-room in my house, starting with the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.