Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Fireplace

Since yesterday was the first day of fall (hooray!) and it was a day with seasonable weather, I decided to go ahead and bring out my fall decorations.


Before I began decorating, I laid everything I had out on the coffee table.  I didn't have as many decorations as I thought so I decided to stick to the mantel.



I am not sure how I like it; I think the pieces are too small to make an impact.  I will have to hit up clearance sales when the season is over for next year.  Instead of my usual candlesticks, I would like to get a hurricane vase or an apothecary jar to put small pumpkins, acorns, or pine cones in.


One of my favorite pieces is this swag I made last year.  It was super easy to make.  I bought a twig swag, a couple of berry picks, and three zinnia flowers and put them together!


This will do for now.  Next year's mantel will be better!

I also added a pretty bowl with fall potpourri to my coffee table.


Now I need to go to the store and buy some mums and pumpkins for my porch!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just so jealous you have a fireplace! I love that huge mirror too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye! I was so excited when we bought this house because I finally had a mantel to decorate. Thanks for the comment! :-)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.